Pages

Monday, February 03, 2014

complete-streets-project Concord NH

How many years and how much money has been already gone through to get to this point and I don't see any headway made. I see the responsibility of the project shift from one group to another because of political interest that are more paramount then the actual interests in this city to recover livability, jobs and commerce. I question if the best interests of this community is being served by the people involved in this project. Society is and will be changing. I see no interest in Human Powered Vehicle considerations, No thoughts of Charging stations for the EPVs being purchased now and in the future. or housing for the Homeless, Which we will see more of if that is not addressed. Outlawing them and filling jails and prisons is not the answer. Denying them and the elderly as well as the disabled easy access to services within the city and hobbling them from transportation access. Half mile or more walks for the walking disabled to access a bus is a bit much. Dressing up less than a quarter of main st. so people outside of the city sees how pretty Concord around the Capital  is selfish. Ten Million Dollars could better serve the community then this project. I don't see the Mayor falling all over himself to raise a grant to build Transitional housing for the low income, the graduates of the local schools that can't afford the high price of low value housing, the jobless and the homeless to get off the streets. I don't see any Families in crisis shelter being opened. in fact what I do see is his drive to end homeless issues by pushing those into other communities laps. If you want Concord to have a Future Start by making the Capital of NH a shining example of tomorrow for other cities to follow From the southernmost end of Main St. to the northernmost. Starting with embracing the homeless and building a Hospice house for them with One Hundred Beds

No comments:

Blog Archive