Pages

Monday, February 03, 2014

emotional-support-animals-and-your-housing-rights

http://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/yourmentalhealth/2013/06/04/emotional-support-animals-and-your-housing-rights/

Having Una makes all the difference in the world with my PTSD. I have been fighting a system that demands to exploit the needs of the disabled for profit. There are support services and Town and City governments that do so as well unless you let them know what your rights are. They all want to alter and regulate with special legislations the rights you as a disabled were given with the National ADA. I have hopefully set precedents in NH that you can follow. Contact your Doctors and require that they write a special circumstances letter for you medical and psychiatric well being. Push back You have a right not to accept medicines that jeopardize your health and well being when there are alternatives available. The Disability Rights Center on Low St. Concord is your best advocate among others available in NH. I am Questioning why Veterans housing isn't doing their job and seeing that you have proper advocacy. You should Not be forced into living in a van with children or have your family broken up to put a roof over your head. I used to work at the Emergency Family shelter and watched as the requirements to have the shelter got politicized and made cost prohibitive with special insurance and city regs to serve the business community and religious interests rather then serving the families that need those services. Currently Concord NH our great Capitol City is carrying out an agenda to banish the homeless from the city with Harassment, Incarceration and fines. In my opinion Punishing people for being Disabled , Poor or homeless is a Criminal act and these people are victims of other Crimes committed By Banks Wall Street Landlords and many more inclusive of Corporate Agendas. Don't ever give up I have days I get so tired and broke down I think of giving in, so I take short breaks and catch some wind and the view. I understand the frustration and disappointment. then it is time to rattle the Cage a bit louder. I won't be one who accepts the status quo. If I don't fight what is wrong and demand better of myself and my Country and my neighbors then I would be less then I am.

No comments:

Blog Archive